1. Canucks G Roberto Luongo (ribs) is expected to only miss one week.
2. Thrashers LW Ilya Kovalchuk (broken bone right foot) is out four weeks.
3. Rangers RW Marian Gaborik (right knee) missed last night’s game at the Islanders, a 3-1 loss for the Manhattoes. He has not been ruled out of tomorrow night’s game at Minnesota. If he misses that game, don’t sweat it. Start to sweat if he misses Sunday afternoon’s game when the Bruins hit the Big Apple.
4. No need to think about Canucks LW Daniel Sedin (foot) until November 6 or thereabouts.
5. No need to think about Bruins C Marc Savard (broken left foot) until November 14 or thereabouts.
6. Blackhawks C Jonathan Toews (concussion) did not practice yesterday and is not expected to play tonight at Nashville. He may also miss Friday night’s game vs. Montreal. You need not worry unless he misses the Nov. 5 game at Phoenix.
7. Blackhawks RW Marian Hossa (right shoulder) is practicing. Based on all we have read, the Genius projects the Nov. 15 game vs. the Sharks as his return date.
8. Devils C/LW Patrick Elias (groin) has not yet practiced with the team. He may start doing so next week. Until then, keep him in your IR slot.
9. Sharks RW Devin Setoguchi (leg) has missed the last two games. The Sharks host the Avalanche tomorrow night, and he may be back — check the San Jose Mercury News to see if he returns to practice.
10. Sharks C Joe Pavelski (left foot) has returned to practice. He could return to real games any day now.
11. No need to think about Panthers LW David Booth (concussion) until November 10 or thereabouts.
12. Kings RW Justin Williams (lower body) has missed four straight games. He could return tonight vs. Vancouver. He has practiced this week.
13. Oilers D Sheldon Souray (concussion) still is not skating. No need to think about him until Nov. 5 or thereabouts.
photo courtesy Wikimedia Commons